Hard to believe that 2012 has come to a close. It has been a busy and wonderful time for First Realty Management:
- We added three new properties to our property management portfolio: Charleston Lofts, Melrose Towers & Olney Village
- Camelot Court Apartments in Brighton, MA received the 2012 PARAGON Award for Best Community, 20+ Years (over 150 units) from the National Apartment Association. The award was presented at NAA’s Annual Education Conference & Expo; this year here in Boston!
- We celebrated the 20th anniversary of the First Realty Annual Olympiad at Bridgewater Raynham Regional High School on Friday, August 3rd. As the Summer Olympics kicked off in London, young athletes from many of our communities joined Resident Activities Directors, volunteers from throughout the company and special guests Wally, KO, Brockton Rox players and former UMASS basketball standout Donta Bright for a wonderful event.
- We also held the 14th annual First Realty Academic Olympiad in November at Harvard University.
- Property Superintendent Carlos Gonzalez was named Property Professional of the Year – Maintenance by the New England Affordable Housing Management Association (NEAHMA).
- In November we announced the opening of our Rhode Island Management Office at One Richmond Square in Providence.
- There were company events, like our picnic and annual employee “LIFERS” luncheon for staff who have been with the company for over 5 years; 63% of employees have been with the company for 5 years or more! (34 staffers have been with First Realty for over 30 yrs!)
- There were plenty of charity/community events, such as the Walk for Hunger, Special Olympics Massachusetts Summer Games, Komen Race for the Cure in South Boston and playing volleyball as a fundraiser for Easter Seals Massachusetts.
- We made new friends at industry events like the CAI-NE Rhode Island Condo Expo in Warwick, RI and the New England Condo Expo & Apartment Management Expo at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, where Cheryl Piper, Director of Marketing, participated in a presentation on the challenges of marketing apartments.
- Our staff shared their expertise in the industry, whether in tax credits by Bill McGrath, or by staff members David Abel and James Zaratin in publications like New England Condominium & CAI New England Chapter’s Condo Media Magazine. James also participated in a CAI New England seminar, teaching about community association leadership.
- We also launched our new website in 2012; more changes to come in 2013!
What a year! Can’t wait to see what the next 12 months bring.
Thank you for your business, your support and your interest, and a very Happy New Year to you!