As we say goodbye to 2013, we close the books on a very good year:
- Property Awards:
- Davis Commons: Communities Of Quality Regional Award For Exemplary Family Property from the New England Affordable Housing Management Association (NEAHMA)
- Union Crossing: Community Of Excellence Award from the Boston Rental Housing Association (RHA)
- Union Crossing: Affordable Housing Vanguard Award from the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA)
- Staff Awards:
- NEAHMA NAHP Executive Of The Year: Bill McGrath
- NEAHMA & NERSC Resident Services Coordinator Of The Year: Reina Acarapi
- The brand-new National Accredited Housing Maintenance Technician (NAHMT) or National Accredited Housing Maintenance Superintendent (NAHMS) credential was achieved by 19 First Realty staff members
- We added nine new properties to our property management portfolio:
- XII Stoneholm, Boston, MA
- 108 Newbury, Lawrence, MA
- BraeWell, Quincy, MA
- Bristol Landing, Bristol, RI
- Hamilton Bay, Quincy, MA
- Repton Place, Watertown, MA
- Sutton Pond, North Andover, MA
- Wellesley Green, Wellesley, MA
- Wells Court, Brewster, MA
- 6 residents at First Realty properties were selected as regional winners of the NAHMA 2014 Calendar Contest by NEAHMA, and 3 were selected as national winners!
- For the 21st First Realty Annual Olympiad we moved to the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston, where we had another great event!
- We held the 15th annual First Realty Academic Olympiad in November at Harvard University.
- There were company events, like our picnic and annual employee “LIFERS” luncheon for staff who have been with the company for over 5 years; 62% of employees have been with the company for 5 years or more!
- There were plenty of charity/community events, such as the Walk for Hunger, Corporate Challenge, Special Olympics Massachusetts Summer Games, Komen Race for the Cure in South Boston and playing volleyball as a fundraiser for Easter Seals Massachusetts.
- We made new friends at industry events like the CAI-NE Rhode Island Condo Expo in Warwick, RI and the New England Condo Expo & Apartment Management Expo at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
- Our staff shared their expertise in the industry, by staff members David Abel and James Zaratin in publications like New England Condominium & CAI New England Chapter’s Condo Media Magazine.
- And we all celebrated as the Boston Red Sox won the World Series!
Phew! What’s next? Can’t wait to find out.
Thank you for your business, your support and your interest, and a very Happy New Year to you!